HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Companion to the recent fitness thread(s)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
LL

Registration date : 2007-12-29

PostSubject: Companion to the recent fitness thread(s)   Sun Dec 13, 2009 10:58 pm

The Fitness Brag Thread

Might as well have some motivation that what ya did once you can do again, and etc.

Any once-upon-a-time black belts, age group tennis champs, district wrestling title holders, competitive marathon finishers, or the like among the BoB'ers?

(Sorry, no golf, bowling, darts, or croquet... those are games, not sports. Twisted Evil )
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LL

PostSubject: Re: Companion to the recent fitness thread(s)   Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:32 pm

Laughing Laughing Laughing

So, it's either Modesty-R-Us or Couch-Potatoes-R-Us, eh?

OK. Bowling, golf, and darts are sports, then.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jhuggett
BoB's Pioneer & Founding Father

Registration date : 2007-12-09

PostSubject: Re: Companion to the recent fitness thread(s)   Mon Dec 14, 2009 11:11 pm

I was a practicing martial artistist from age 11 to about 22. Most seriously studied 7 Star Praying Mantis Kung Fu. We didn't have belts or even specific ranks but were measured by what forms we had "mastered". Very old school stuff. When I was in the Army I was an unarmed defensive tactics instructor as well as a firearms instructor (M-16 specifically). Was never really a competitive sports guy, more of a personal achievement person. When I did compete I always did fairly well but it just wasn't a big deal to me. Made about as much sense to me as competing in pipes and tobacco does.

"Freedom, Security, Convenience: Choose Two"
"For me, I will take freedom over security and I will take security over convenience." ~ Dan Geer
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.brothersofbriar.com
Puff Daddy

Registration date : 2007-12-09

PostSubject: Re: Companion to the recent fitness thread(s)   Tue Dec 15, 2009 10:06 am

When I was 8 my little league baseball team won the local championship. That's all I got Laughing

mark
Admin

Registration date : 2008-07-02

PostSubject: Re: Companion to the recent fitness thread(s)   Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:04 am

Is cow tipping a sport or game?,,,,,
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Companion to the recent fitness thread(s)   Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:24 am

mark wrote:
Is cow tipping a sport or game?,,,,,
scratch Humm. I think it's just fun!!! geek

When I was in 5th grade our sandlot football team went undefeated; it was downhill after that.

Last edited by EJinVA on Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:34 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : fix some stuff.)
Back to top Go down
LL

PostSubject: Re: Companion to the recent fitness thread(s)   Wed Dec 16, 2009 2:00 am

Only one, then? Dayum but this is a true pipe smokin' bunch if I ever saw one (contemplative, laid back, and who thinks that getting up to open a new tin of tobacco or refill a lighter is all the exercise a person needs.)

Or maybe it just shows how rare in percentage terms exceptional performance is. Millions partake, but only a few become champs, and the BoB sample simply doesn't contain any.

Oh well. Just tryin' a new thread on for size. Win a few, lose a few.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Companion to the recent fitness thread(s)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1