HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Fader's tobacco

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Wet Dottle

Registration date : 2008-02-27

PostSubject: Fader's tobacco   Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:35 pm

I've never tried them, but heard very good things. I am going to place an order and would like recommendations of good English, Balkan, and VA blends. Tobaccoreviews.com wasn't much of an help. Someone also told me that some of their blends are tinned. Do you know which?

Yes, I know. I'll call them... eventually.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Canvasback

Registration date : 2009-02-11

PostSubject: Re: Fader's tobacco   Thu Feb 04, 2010 11:10 pm

I tried Instanbul and it is a very fine Balkan/English, more Balkan than English. It really sings in an old Comoy I have dedicated to it. If you are an English lover order a few ounces, you will not be disappointed.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ftrplt

Registration date : 2007-12-15

PostSubject: Re: Fader's tobacco   Fri Feb 05, 2010 10:47 pm

Check out their English/Balkan blends to see what interests you. Also try their "African Queen" for a nice change of pace. FTRPLT
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GrampaGrossbart

Registration date : 2012-03-28

PostSubject: Re: Fader's tobacco   Sun May 13, 2018 5:37 pm

Resurrecting this because Iím finally gonna make it to Faderís tomorrow and also wanna know what people think. I wanna try the Jabberwovk for the name alone but it also sounds really good!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
monbla256

Registration date : 2012-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Fader's tobacco   Sun May 13, 2018 6:23 pm

[quote="GrampaGrossbart"]Resurrecting this because Iím finally gonna make it to Faderís tomorrow and also wanna know what people think. I wanna try the Jabberwovk for the name alone but it also sounds really good![/quote

You know it's not owned by the fader family anymore?

http://articles.baltimoresun.com/1998-02-18/business/1998049060_1_fader-goeller-cigar
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GrampaGrossbart

Registration date : 2012-03-28

PostSubject: Re: Fader's tobacco   Sun May 13, 2018 11:51 pm

monbla256 wrote:
GrampaGrossbart wrote:
Resurrecting this because Iím finally gonna make it to Faderís tomorrow and also wanna know what people think. I wanna try the Jabberwovk for the name alone but it also sounds really good![/quote

You know it's not owned by the fader family anymore?

http://articles.baltimoresun.com/1998-02-18/business/1998049060_1_fader-goeller-cigar

Didn't know that but thanks for sharing--as a certain wise member of this forum so often reminds us, change is inevitable! Cool article in general, this was my favorite detail:

That year, the retailer made headlines when pranksters kidnapped Fader's 10-foot fiberglass Indian from outside the downtown store. Police, who found the Indian with a ransom note at a Canton bus stop, called Bill Fader down to headquarters to make an identification. The Indian remains outside the store today.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Fader's tobacco
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brothers of Briar :: Pipes & Tobacco :: The Tobacco Jar-
Jump to: