HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Colibri

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Dock
BoB's Team

Registration date : 2007-12-15

PostSubject: Colibri   Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:09 pm

Warranted or not Colibri lighters have a bad repuation. They do make pipe lighter that I really like though. The Connaught is a quartz lighter wth a built in tamper and pick. My first was a gift from a friend some12 years ago. It worked well for me up til' two years ago when it finally died. My second was purchased right after. It never seemed to take fuel well and was replaced with my third which was recently dropped and broken. I shipped all three back to Colibri for repair last week and a box from them came today. In the box was three brand new lighters! Needless to say this made my day! Though not on par with Corona or Dunhill, Colibri makes a decent product for the money. You can't much argue with their customer service. A one week turn around ain't too shabby....
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.facebook.com/dock.perry
jeremyt

Registration date : 2009-08-17

PostSubject: Re: Colibri   Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:31 am

That's nice to hear,Dock. I too own a few Colibri lighters.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mark
Admin

Registration date : 2008-07-02

PostSubject: Re: Colibri   Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:30 am

Seems like good customer service may be making a comeback in the midst of economic distress,,,,
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Puff Daddy

Registration date : 2007-12-09

PostSubject: Re: Colibri   Tue Feb 09, 2010 5:24 pm

I have a Quartz lighter that was fantastic for about a year, then the button just stopped doing anything. Instead of a satisfying 'Click' followed by flame, it now feels stiff and bogs down when you push it, and never clicks to ignite the fuel. When I heard that Colibri went out of business (I guess someone bought them and reopened after they announced their dissolving and closing of operations) I tossed the box and paperwork and threw the lighter in a drawer. I doubt they'd settle it under warranty now. How much did it cost you Dock, and what kind of proof of warranty did they ask for?

Dock
BoB's Team

PostSubject: Re: Colibri   Tue Feb 09, 2010 8:18 pm

Puff Daddy wrote:
I have a Quartz lighter that was fantastic for about a year, then the button just stopped doing anything. Instead of a satisfying 'Click' followed by flame, it now feels stiff and bogs down when you push it, and never clicks to ignite the fuel. When I heard that Colibri went out of business (I guess someone bought them and reopened after they announced their dissolving and closing of operations) I tossed the box and paperwork and threw the lighter in a drawer. I doubt they'd settle it under warranty now. How much did it cost you Dock, and what kind of proof of warranty did they ask for?

Jim,

I packed them into their original boxes (no warranty cards filled in or present) and included a check for a fiver. That was it. I would bet you could send it back without the box and it will be either fixed or replaced as my three were.
Back to top Go down
Puff Daddy

PostSubject: Re: Colibri   Tue Feb 09, 2010 8:26 pm

Do you have an address for me? For $5 I'll take a shot. My only other alternative is to throw it in the garbage.

Dock
BoB's Team

PostSubject: Re: Colibri   Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:46 pm

Puff Daddy wrote:
Do you have an address for me? For $5 I'll take a shot. My only other alternative is to throw it in the garbage.

Here ya' go:

CST Enterprises, LLC
Service Department
25 Fairmount Avenue
East Providence, RI 02914 USA
Back to top Go down
Puff Daddy

PostSubject: Re: Colibri   Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:56 pm

Thanks Dock, we'll give it a try.

pipetongue1
Tobacco Hoarder At Large

Registration date : 2007-12-14

PostSubject: Re: Colibri   Thu Feb 11, 2010 3:30 pm

Just was over @ Vt. Pipes Carole has a new one for 10 bucks, I use MATCHES!!!Ken tongue
Pacem en Striking! tongue
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Colibri
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brothers of Briar :: Community :: The Round Table-
Jump to: