HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 
 

 Interested in glass pipe tampers

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
nogbert

avatar

Age : 25
Location : Colorado
Registration date : 2010-02-18

PostSubject: Interested in glass pipe tampers   Sun Feb 21, 2010 11:30 pm

i blow glass, and i have been tossing around the idea of potentially making some blown glass pipe tampers/picks/scoops
(similar to the "pipe nail" tools sold online)

I was just curious if this sounds like anything anyone would be interested in.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jhuggett
BoB's Pioneer & Founding Father
avatar

Age : 45
Location : Olympia, WA
Registration date : 2007-12-09

PostSubject: Re: Interested in glass pipe tampers   Mon Feb 22, 2010 1:27 pm

I actually love blown glass (Seattle-Chihuly) so it seems like a great idea to me. The one's I've seen up to this point were a little too dainty though and never really appealed to me. If you could do some that were a little more... manly I guess, I would think people would love them.

_________________
Jason

"Freedom, Security, Convenience: Choose Two"
"For me, I will take freedom over security and I will take security over convenience." ~ Dan Geer
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.brothersofbriar.com
nogbert

avatar

Age : 25
Location : Colorado
Registration date : 2010-02-18

PostSubject: Re: Interested in glass pipe tampers   Mon Feb 22, 2010 8:57 pm

jhuggett wrote:
I actually love blown glass (Seattle-Chihuly) so it seems like a great idea to me. The one's I've seen up to this point were a little too dainty though and never really appealed to me. If you could do some that were a little more... manly I guess, I would think people would love them.

Once it warms up here in CO i'll make up a few and post them.

it's freezing here and my workshop is no exception.

i wonder if i could sell them at local tobacconists and smoke shops?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jhuggett
BoB's Pioneer & Founding Father
avatar

Age : 45
Location : Olympia, WA
Registration date : 2007-12-09

PostSubject: Re: Interested in glass pipe tampers   Mon Feb 22, 2010 9:12 pm

We have a commercial section where you can post stuff to sell. Town Crier

_________________
Jason

"Freedom, Security, Convenience: Choose Two"
"For me, I will take freedom over security and I will take security over convenience." ~ Dan Geer
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.brothersofbriar.com
PegLegEd

avatar

Age : 63
Location : Dublin, Ga
Registration date : 2010-01-31

PostSubject: Re: Interested in glass pipe tampers   Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:08 pm

Look at these see if You can Do That. I'll Buy!
http://cgi.ebay.com/BLOWN-GLASS-3-JARS-4-PIPE-TOBACCO-RAINBOW-RASTA-BLUE_W0QQitemZ360235806191QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item53dfba2def
Back to top Go down
View user profile
nogbert

avatar

Age : 25
Location : Colorado
Registration date : 2010-02-18

PostSubject: Re: Interested in glass pipe tampers   Tue Feb 23, 2010 6:26 pm

PegLegEd wrote:
Look at these see if You can Do That. I'll Buy!
http://cgi.ebay.com/BLOWN-GLASS-3-JARS-4-PIPE-TOBACCO-RAINBOW-RASTA-BLUE_W0QQitemZ360235806191QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item53dfba2def

tampers like that? or jars?

i haven't made too much hollow stuff, but i'll give it a go sometime for sure.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JohnnyO

avatar

Age : 34
Location : Sacramento, CA
Registration date : 2008-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Interested in glass pipe tampers   Wed Feb 24, 2010 4:43 pm

nogbert wrote:
i blow glass, and i have been tossing around the idea of potentially making some blown glass pipe tampers/picks/scoops
(similar to the "pipe nail" tools sold online)

I was just curious if this sounds like anything anyone would be interested in.

gimme gimme!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mark
Admin
avatar

Registration date : 2008-07-02

PostSubject: Re: Interested in glass pipe tampers   Wed Feb 24, 2010 5:57 pm

Sounds interesting,,,

_________________
.

Sometimes I wake up grumpy. Other times I let her sleep.
.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PegLegEd

avatar

Age : 63
Location : Dublin, Ga
Registration date : 2010-01-31

PostSubject: Re: Interested in glass pipe tampers   Wed Feb 24, 2010 7:47 pm

nogbert wrote:
PegLegEd wrote:
Look at these see if You can Do That. I'll Buy!
http://cgi.ebay.com/BLOWN-GLASS-3-JARS-4-PIPE-TOBACCO-RAINBOW-RASTA-BLUE_W0QQitemZ360235806191QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item53dfba2def

tampers like that? or jars?

i haven't made too much hollow stuff, but i'll give it a go sometime for sure.

either, or both whichever you can blow I want a chance get.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
nogbert

avatar

Age : 25
Location : Colorado
Registration date : 2010-02-18

PostSubject: Re: Interested in glass pipe tampers   Wed Feb 24, 2010 9:21 pm

i will make a few prototypes and take some pictures on of these days.

don't expect greatness on the first go though. Glass is a pretty unforgiving medium Haha Mad Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PegLegEd

avatar

Age : 63
Location : Dublin, Ga
Registration date : 2010-01-31

PostSubject: Re: Interested in glass pipe tampers   Wed Feb 24, 2010 9:30 pm

No problem, I'll just keep using a rusty nail. affraid
Back to top Go down
View user profile
 
Interested in glass pipe tampers
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Dr. Lillian Glass Body Language Blog
» Dr. Lillian Glass Body Language Blog
» Glass fuses
» For all the people interested in losing weight
» Dr. Lillian Glass on spotting the possible Sociopaths of the world

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brothers of Briar :: Community :: The Round Table-
Jump to: