HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

7th Annual Spring Forward Box Pass.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12 ... 21  Next
AuthorMessage
Justpipes
The Duke

Location : Randolph County, NC If you don't know, you wouldn't understand.
Registration date : 2007-12-17

PostSubject: Re: 7th Annual Spring Forward Box Pass.   Mon Mar 15, 2010 10:20 pm

Puff Daddy wrote:

Unopened tins are for trading, take 1 replace 1 with a tin of similar value - if you take 4 tins you put 4 tins into the box. If you take a 100 gram tin of 5 year old vinginia flake you don't replace it with a 2 ounce bag of Lane re-branded house blend.

So if I put (1) sealed 12 oz. tub of 5 year old Walnut in the box, I can take (6) 2 oz. sealed tins, or (1) 8 oz. and (2) 2 oz. sealed tins, or any combination there of as long as it equals 12 oz.?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.practicegodspresence.com/
puros_bran
Nightrider

Registration date : 2007-12-10

PostSubject: Re: 7th Annual Spring Forward Box Pass.   Mon Mar 15, 2010 10:28 pm

He said of equal value... so if you put a tub of Walnut in you also have to put in about $200 for all the tobacco you ruin.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Justpipes
The Duke

PostSubject: Re: 7th Annual Spring Forward Box Pass.   Mon Mar 15, 2010 10:33 pm

What could possibly more valuable than a sealed 5 year aged tub of Walnut?!
Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
puros_bran
Nightrider

PostSubject: Re: 7th Annual Spring Forward Box Pass.   Mon Mar 15, 2010 10:36 pm

the free box the real tobacco is making the rounds in?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
happypipester

Registration date : 2009-09-09

PostSubject: Re: 7th Annual Spring Forward Box Pass.   Tue Mar 16, 2010 2:20 am

Lol, I'm seriously hoping there's some Walnut left when it gets to me... funny thing is Walnut isn't to be found amongst the drug-store blends around here (that I've seen... but then again I usually go to a tobacconist or the net lol)... mostly PA, CH, Sir Walter Raleigh, Velvet etc...

Of course from the sound of it, maybe all I have to do is cut up some of the box and maybe throw in a plastic bag for added flavor and I'll have a pretty good picture of what it's like?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
puros_bran
Nightrider

PostSubject: Re: 7th Annual Spring Forward Box Pass.   Tue Mar 16, 2010 3:35 am

cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Puff Daddy

Registration date : 2007-12-09

PostSubject: Re: 7th Annual Spring Forward Box Pass.   Tue Mar 16, 2010 8:47 am

lol! JP, you're a cherished old vet, do whatever you like sir. Very Happy Besides, there's enough Walnut interest in the pass that the tub would be quickly and happily accounted for. That little remark I made was for th new guys as a little FYI - that bag of Uncle Bob's Golden Vanilla Shag is not on par with Christmas Cheer, don't even try it Laughing

DoverPipes

Registration date : 2009-05-24

PostSubject: Re: 7th Annual Spring Forward Box Pass.   Tue Mar 16, 2010 4:54 pm

Frost wrote:
I'm not sure if PB is trying to tell us that he mailed the package or launched a preemptive nuclear strike.

er, uh.... I would classify Walnut as biological / chemical warfare. Clearly, NOT a nuclear strike........ Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rugbysh9

Registration date : 2010-02-24

PostSubject: Re: 7th Annual Spring Forward Box Pass.   Tue Mar 16, 2010 5:13 pm

DoverPipes wrote:
Frost wrote:
I'm not sure if PB is trying to tell us that he mailed the package or launched a preemptive nuclear strike.

er, uh.... I would classify Walnut as biological / chemical warfare. Clearly, NOT a nuclear strike........ Very Happy

Why you hatin' on Walnut DP...lol afro
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DoverPipes

PostSubject: Re: 7th Annual Spring Forward Box Pass.   Tue Mar 16, 2010 5:52 pm

I clearly remember when I took classes for Hazardous Materials Coordinator & Weapons of Mass Effect Instructor; they devoted a large amount of time to the substance known as "WALNUT". They even have a UN Placard for it (9999-WALNUT) & A US DOT Classification standards require that all conveyances that transport this substance MUST prominently display the following in a clearly visible area on said conveyance: INHALTION HAZARD / POISON / TOXIC / CORROSIVE / DANGEROUS Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PegLegEd

Registration date : 2010-01-31

PostSubject: Re: 7th Annual Spring Forward Box Pass.   Tue Mar 16, 2010 6:06 pm

Flammable/explosive/burn hazard, extremely damgerous when wet.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Justpipes
The Duke

PostSubject: Re: 7th Annual Spring Forward Box Pass.   Tue Mar 16, 2010 7:18 pm

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
DoverPipes

PostSubject: Re: 7th Annual Spring Forward Box Pass.   Tue Mar 16, 2010 8:09 pm

PegLegEd wrote:
Flammable/explosive/burn hazard, extremely damgerous when wet.
now that's just overkill Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
puros_bran
Nightrider

PostSubject: Re: 7th Annual Spring Forward Box Pass.   Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:18 pm

Where ya at Eggman??? The box wasn't big enough to get lost in..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
eggman
Cornholio

Registration date : 2007-12-22

PostSubject: Re: 7th Annual Spring Forward Box Pass.   Wed Mar 17, 2010 11:15 pm

Yes it was. I just got finished with a sample of Treasures of Ireland. That stuff has a great tin aroma and a pretty good smoke too for a aro. If you like a light aro this is good.

Funny thing about the box. I got home today around 6:00 pm. The box is still sitting on the front porch. So I pick it up and walk in the house. And the wife jumps me with a couple profane words wanting to know what the **** I bought off of ebay this time. SO I reminded her about the box pass I told her about last week. She said that was BS. SO I had to open it in front of her just to prove her wrong. Which I did and she appoligized. So now everything is good in da hood.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Justpipes
The Duke

PostSubject: Re: 7th Annual Spring Forward Box Pass.   Thu Mar 18, 2010 10:46 am

eggman wrote:

Funny thing about the box. I got home today around 6:00 pm. The box is still sitting on the front porch. So I pick it up and walk in the house. And the wife jumps me with a couple profane words wanting to know what the **** I bought off of ebay this time. SO I reminded her about the box pass I told her about last week. She said that was BS. SO I had to open it in front of her just to prove her wrong. Which I did and she appoligized. So now everything is good in da hood.

Haven't you learned yet to have your packages shipped to your work location! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Rugbysh9

PostSubject: Re: 7th Annual Spring Forward Box Pass.   Thu Mar 18, 2010 11:32 am

Justpipes wrote:

Haven't you learned yet to have your packages shipped to your work location! Very Happy

One of the best lessons I learned a LONG time ago Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PegLegEd

Registration date : 2010-01-31

PostSubject: Re: 7th Annual Spring Forward Box Pass.   Thu Mar 18, 2010 11:42 am

Haven't you learned yet to have your packages shipped to your work location!
Good Idea! I would not get it at my work though, to many hands to pass through safely.
Transportation Terminal.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DoverPipes

PostSubject: Re: 7th Annual Spring Forward Box Pass.   Thu Mar 18, 2010 10:28 pm

eggman wrote:
And the wife jumps me with a couple profane words wanting to know what the **** I bought off of ebay this time. SO I reminded her about the box pass I told her about last week. She said that was BS. SO I had to open it in front of her just to prove her wrong. Which I did and she appoligized. So now everything is good in da hood.

Are you sure we ain't married to the same girl scratch
Back to top Go down
View user profile
eggman
Cornholio

Registration date : 2007-12-22

PostSubject: Re: 7th Annual Spring Forward Box Pass.   Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:11 pm

Well I took BABs to the Ol' Post Office this afternoon. The delivery confirmation # is 0309 1140 0001 4398 0100.

Thanks PB for putting this on. I had a lot of fun sampling through the great samples in the box. I did not trade any tins this go around. There was 4 tins I thought I wanted to trade for. But after looking through my sealed tins. I had at least 2 to 4 tins of every one I wanted to trade for. So instead of stock piling more of the same stuff. I though I would give someone father down the line a chance at them. It was real hard though not snag another tin of the Mac Barens No1 Scottish Blend.

I put in the box a couple of open tins and a bag of weedage to sample or what ever anyone wants to do with them.I put a open tin of Revelation and a open tin of Barking Dog. They were laying around in a zip loc bag. Someone awhile back was saying they were wanting to try these House of Winsor Blends. I also added a bag of Common Teal from the Bufflehead Shop. Someone sent me this a couple years ago. It was never a favorite of mine but a good smoke every once in a while. Although it does smell good in the bag.

I sampled a couple of blends in the box:
1. Treasures of Ireland, A great aro smells good in the tin and room note. If you like a mild aro try this one

2. Walnut, I just had try sample this one. This blend was not near as bad as most people say. I don't think I will buy any of this but if I was offered any I would take it.

3. H&H Vintage Siran, This stuff was great. I loved it and will definitely get some of this blend.

4. I took some black rope and haunted bookshop for later. Maybe later tonight.

Thanks again PB, I really enjoyed playing along

Eggman
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Carlos
Admin

PostSubject: Re: 7th Annual Spring Forward Box Pass.   Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:56 pm

Great play Eggy!

"Never turn your back on a Breen".
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Justpipes
The Duke

PostSubject: Re: 7th Annual Spring Forward Box Pass.   Mon Mar 22, 2010 9:00 pm

A fine pass Eggman!!!
Back to top Go down
Rugbysh9

PostSubject: Re: 7th Annual Spring Forward Box Pass.   Tue Mar 23, 2010 11:31 am

1 down and still too many to go till it gets here Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tennessee Dave

Registration date : 2008-02-12

PostSubject: Re: 7th Annual Spring Forward Box Pass.   Tue Mar 23, 2010 12:06 pm

Rugbysh9 wrote:
1 down and still too many to go till it gets here Smile

Sometimes that is good! That box will be huge when it gets to you. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jeremyt

Registration date : 2009-08-17

PostSubject: Re: 7th Annual Spring Forward Box Pass.   Thu Mar 25, 2010 8:30 pm

I received the box o' baccy today, this means I shall have a wonderful weekend filled with assorted smokes of all different types. cheers cheers cheers
Stay tuned for future updates ...
Back to top Go down
View user profile

7th Annual Spring Forward Box Pass.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 21Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12 ... 21  Next