HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 
 

 For Your Viewing Entertainment.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
phrozenfearz

avatar

Age : 28
Location : Raleigh, North Carolina
Registration date : 2009-07-28

PostSubject: Re: For Your Viewing Entertainment.   Mon Apr 26, 2010 11:09 am

puros_bran wrote:
Nov, 1987.. A young Pb with a group of friends is carted by one of the cool parents to Knoxville TN to see Motley Crew.. Their opening act? A little known band called Gun's n Roses!!!!

We were scared to death the concert would be cancelled... two weeks earlier ole Nikki Six was found all OD'd on some nastiness. The insanity of youth... Not "Man these dudes are messed up, they need serious help." but "I can't believe the douchebag OD'd before we got to see them play." Nikki 'recovered' in short order,well after two shots of adrenaline ,and supposedly cleaned up later that year..
Supposedly, after the incident but before everybody knew he was ok, Nikki Sixx changed his answering machine message to 'Hey, it's Nikki. I'm not here because I'm dead.' What a guy!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: For Your Viewing Entertainment.   Mon Apr 26, 2010 11:10 am

puros_bran wrote:
Nov, 1987.. A young Pb with a group of friends is carted by one of the cool parents to Knoxville TN to see Motley Crew.. Their opening act? A little known band called Gun's n Roses!!!!

We were scared to death the concert would be cancelled... two weeks earlier ole Nikki Six was found all OD'd on some nastiness. The insanity of youth... Not "Man these dudes are messed up, they need serious help." but "I can't believe the douchebag OD'd before we got to see them play." Nikki 'recovered' in short order,well after two shots of adrenaline ,and supposedly cleaned up later that year..

Reminds me of an Ozzy tour that was scheduled to come to Roanoke Civic Center, like 1982-3. It got cancelled after Ozzy bit the head off a bat & got sick.
Back to top Go down
shadrack

avatar

Age : 41
Location : Syracuse, NY
Registration date : 2009-07-30

PostSubject: Re: For Your Viewing Entertainment.   Mon Apr 26, 2010 11:10 am

Piet Binsbergen wrote:
PB & EJinVa...... I like the way you are thinking here.....DO I DETECT SOME OLD SCHOOL METAL HEADS IN THE HOUSE?

nice.... agreed on Randy Rhodes...... simply one of the best contributions made to metal, Ozzy 'tribute to Randy Rhodes' is a must have in every collection!


Big metalhead here! I like something in just about every metal genre out there. Started off back in the early 90's with Maiden, Metallica, Faith No More, Sabbath etc then got into thrash ala Exodus, Pestilence, Vio-lence. Quickly moved into heavier stuff like Slayer, Seputura, Malevolent Creation, Bolt Thrower, Naplam Death...you name it. Nowadays I listen to all kinds of stuff from Dimmu Borgir, Ammon Amarth, Nile, Nevermore...ad infinitum. \m/
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: For Your Viewing Entertainment.   Mon Apr 26, 2010 11:56 am

PB, EJin, Shadrack....... Sweet brothers!! Knew I was in good company!
Jip..... Motley Crue, Vince Neil and Nikki Sixx...... and dont forget Blackie Lawless from WASP..... every teenagers Idols if you belonged to generation X that is!

Living in South Africa in those years we were under Apartheid sanction so few bands ventured over here for us to see. There was no internet and tv was censored! We stayed in touch with Circus and Metal Hammer Magazines...... remember. Did see Sabbath and Wishbone Ash here in the 80. They dared visit a sanctioned country! in 1994, Maiden were here, and 2005 Napalm Death and Sepultura!

Grabbed hold of Iron Maiden "powerslave" when I was 12 and never looked back. My mom in law died in 2003, We spent some of her inheritance travelling the world to see some kick metal bands, thats how devoted I am. Started in England and Saw Maiden 'dance of death World tour', Therapy, New Model Army and a Priest re union! Off to Paris, saw Metallica, Funeral for a Friend and Bullet for my Valentine. off to Germany for Scorpions and Equilibrium and the list goes on!

These days I stare at my vynil collection and feel great!
Spent most of my time now listening to the Scandinavian metal bands, Demi Bogir, Eluveite, Equilibrium, some Night Wish on sundays Twisted Evil
The big boys from the 80's I still hold close to my heart. Last year Metallica were here and played an arena 5km from my house..... it brought back wicked memories!.......

In light of this boys, check out my post on Round Table " List your top 5 metal album of all times" please join in.

"up the Irons"
Piet
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: For Your Viewing Entertainment.   Mon Apr 26, 2010 12:16 pm

Piet,
Your my Metal hero man! Those sound like some great adventures, traveling the world to headbang.

Here is one of my favs:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=loyTCkV06xQ&feature=related

Lita Ford is one Rockin chick...

After Joan Jett of course.
Back to top Go down
phrozenfearz

avatar

Age : 28
Location : Raleigh, North Carolina
Registration date : 2009-07-28

PostSubject: Re: For Your Viewing Entertainment.   Mon Apr 26, 2010 12:19 pm

EJinVA wrote:
Here is one of my favs:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=loyTCkV06xQ&feature=related

Lita Ford is one Rockin chick...
Lita Ford is amazing! She's been a favorite of mine ever since I can remember... She dated Nikki Sixx for some time, and he helped her to write a lot of her lyrics and music (just an interesting side-note, since he's come up a few times now).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: For Your Viewing Entertainment.   Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:34 pm

EJin...... much respect bro!!
thats a wicked duo....... when I was 14 Lita was more than just a rocker, know what I'm saying!!!

Good to know you brother, thanks for sharing good memories!!
Back to top Go down
puros_bran
Nightrider
avatar

Location : Brandenburg, Ky
Registration date : 2007-12-10

PostSubject: Re: For Your Viewing Entertainment.   Mon Apr 26, 2010 2:09 pm

Piet, Are you saying I wan't the only boy whackin his pud to here cassette cover?? LOL!!!!









_________________
"Pacem en Puffing!"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: For Your Viewing Entertainment.   Mon Apr 26, 2010 2:17 pm

PB.... 2 of us have just admitted it!
I bet there are thousands more who are to scared to own up! Awesome videos posted....... dang, brother pass the cassette cover wont ya, for old time sake!!

Well done.... and again, true to form as always!!!!! lol!
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: For Your Viewing Entertainment.   Mon Apr 26, 2010 3:02 pm

A blast from the past, here are The Runaways with Joan Jett AND Lita Ford
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EQYWqYpoLPU
Back to top Go down
shadrack

avatar

Age : 41
Location : Syracuse, NY
Registration date : 2009-07-30

PostSubject: Re: For Your Viewing Entertainment.   Mon Apr 26, 2010 3:18 pm

Piet Binsbergen wrote:
We stayed in touch with Circus and Metal Hammer Magazines...... remember. Did see Sabbath and Wishbone Ash here in the 80. They dared visit a sanctioned country! in 1994, Maiden were here, and 2005 Napalm Death and Sepultura!

Grabbed hold of Iron Maiden "powerslave" when I was 12 and never looked back. My mom in law died in 2003, We spent some of her inheritance travelling the world to see some kick metal bands, thats how devoted I am. Started in England and Saw Maiden 'dance of death World tour', Therapy, New Model Army and a Priest re union! Off to Paris, saw Metallica, Funeral for a Friend and Bullet for my Valentine. off to Germany for Scorpions and Equilibrium and the list goes on!

These days I stare at my vynil collection and feel great!
Spent most of my time now listening to the Scandinavian metal bands, Demi Bogir, Eluveite, Equilibrium, some Night Wish on sundays Twisted Evil
The big boys from the 80's I still hold close to my heart. Last year Metallica were here and played an arena 5km from my house..... it brought back wicked memories!.......

In light of this boys, check out my post on Round Table " List your top 5 metal album of all times" please join in.

"up the Irons"
Piet

Awesome Piet! Some fine choices you have there. Dimmu Borgir and Eluvite are fantastic!!

Man I would love to travel around the world to see all the amazing metal bands out there. Sounds like you had a once in a lifetime metal bender! The US is pretty good for metal but Europe has long been a hotbed for some of the best death/black metal around. If I could just go to one event outside the US it would be the Wacken Open Air Festival in Germany. It's like the Woodstock of metal!! Some day dammit! It's on my "before I die" list. Very Happy Looks like even Motley Crew is even playing this year! http://www.wacken.com/en/woa2010/

My big metal event for this year is going to be attending the Maryland Death Fest again. Last years lineup was awesome and this years is chock full of crusty old school death/thrash metal. Can't wait for it. Twisted Evil http://www.supremebrutality.com/
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: For Your Viewing Entertainment.   Mon Apr 26, 2010 3:39 pm

Damn, upon further investigation I see they made a movie bout em:
The Runaways that is:
http://www.runawaysmovie.com/
Back to top Go down
puros_bran
Nightrider
avatar

Location : Brandenburg, Ky
Registration date : 2007-12-10

PostSubject: Re: For Your Viewing Entertainment.   Mon Apr 26, 2010 4:46 pm

Ohhhhhhh Ohhhhhhhhh....



_________________
"Pacem en Puffing!"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
puros_bran
Nightrider
avatar

Location : Brandenburg, Ky
Registration date : 2007-12-10

PostSubject: Re: For Your Viewing Entertainment.   Mon Apr 26, 2010 4:50 pm




And for you kids that wasted days, weeks, months on Mario...

_________________
"Pacem en Puffing!"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
puros_bran
Nightrider
avatar

Location : Brandenburg, Ky
Registration date : 2007-12-10

PostSubject: Re: For Your Viewing Entertainment.   Mon Apr 26, 2010 5:04 pm

But to METAL us back up... Check this OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11







_________________
"Pacem en Puffing!"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
shadrack

avatar

Age : 41
Location : Syracuse, NY
Registration date : 2009-07-30

PostSubject: Re: For Your Viewing Entertainment.   Mon Apr 26, 2010 5:12 pm

Nice. I found these guys back in the day when they covered solely Metallica. I think they cover Seputura and a bunch of others nowadays. Anyway, it's fun to play tricks on people with them. Everyone is always shocked and amazed with how well the songs translate onto classical instruments. Definitely good stuff!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
shadrack

avatar

Age : 41
Location : Syracuse, NY
Registration date : 2009-07-30

PostSubject: Re: For Your Viewing Entertainment.   Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:28 pm

PB

I see your flute version of Mario Bros and raise you the Tesla Coil edition! Very Happy

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: For Your Viewing Entertainment.   Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:34 am

How bout this one?

Dammit! there was supposed to be a video here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V_fODduUkk4&feature=related


Last edited by EJinVA on Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:38 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : I'm not smart enough to post a video.)
Back to top Go down
Puff Daddy
Moderator
avatar

Age : 53
Location : South of heaven
Registration date : 2007-12-09

PostSubject: Re: For Your Viewing Entertainment.   Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:05 am

You guys got it all wrong. This is the true goddess of rock n roll. Gorgeous, mesmerizing, haunting voice - she's amazing Cool


_________________
These are horrible times and all sorts of horrible people are prospering, but we must never let this disturb our equanimity or deflect us from our sacred duty to annoy and hinder them at every turn.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
shadrack

avatar

Age : 41
Location : Syracuse, NY
Registration date : 2009-07-30

PostSubject: Re: For Your Viewing Entertainment.   Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:15 am

EJinVA wrote:
How bout this one?

Dammit! there was supposed to be a video here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V_fODduUkk4&feature=related

Wow those guys rip! Good stuff. cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Puff Daddy
Moderator
avatar

Age : 53
Location : South of heaven
Registration date : 2007-12-09

PostSubject: Re: For Your Viewing Entertainment.   Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:53 am

Totally different direction here, but...... For your viewing entertainment Cool


_________________
These are horrible times and all sorts of horrible people are prospering, but we must never let this disturb our equanimity or deflect us from our sacred duty to annoy and hinder them at every turn.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Doc Manhattan
BoB's Team
avatar

Age : 38
Location : Land of Steady Habits
Registration date : 2008-05-26

PostSubject: Re: For Your Viewing Entertainment.   Tue Apr 27, 2010 10:06 am

Love Diana. I hear her husband's a musician of some sort, too. Cool

_________________
"You know what's right with this world? Nothin'!"
-Oscar, "Grouch Anthem"
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://tobaccocellar.org/tinlist.php?cellar=808
phrozenfearz

avatar

Age : 28
Location : Raleigh, North Carolina
Registration date : 2009-07-28

PostSubject: Re: For Your Viewing Entertainment.   Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:34 am

shadrack wrote:
EJinVA wrote:
How bout this one?

Dammit! there was supposed to be a video here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V_fODduUkk4&feature=related

Wow those guys rip! Good stuff. cheers
Wow, that was awesome! Makes me wish I had a banjo even more..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: For Your Viewing Entertainment.   Tue Apr 27, 2010 4:48 pm

Now here is a classic:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kmDBPEOERYE&feature=related
Back to top Go down
 
For Your Viewing Entertainment.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2
 Similar topics
-
» Entertainment Weekly
» Guests viewing forums against permissions
» viewing-registration-page
» Human remains found in Dublin mountains
» ENTERTAINMENT- Misses Gossips, Rumors & Scandals

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brothers of Briar :: Community :: The Round Table-
Jump to: