HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Another Wet Year

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Carlos
Admin

Registration date : 2007-12-10

PostSubject: Another Wet Year   Tue Jun 22, 2010 7:28 pm

I just got the cellar & hamshack dried out and we got nearly 4 inches of rain today. Evil or Very Mad We seem to be stuck in a rut out here. Sump pump kicks on every 45 sec after running for 25 sec.

"Never turn your back on a Breen".
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jhuggett
BoB's Pioneer & Founding Father

Registration date : 2007-12-09

PostSubject: Re: Another Wet Year   Tue Jun 22, 2010 7:39 pm

You might as well move to Washington Carlos. Laughing

"Freedom, Security, Convenience: Choose Two"
"For me, I will take freedom over security and I will take security over convenience." ~ Dan Geer
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.brothersofbriar.com
TallSmoke

Registration date : 2009-03-14

PostSubject: Re: Another Wet Year   Tue Jun 22, 2010 9:46 pm

Wish we could get some rain here. Been almost 2-weeks since we got a good soak.

I always hated rain until I planted a vegetable garden. Now I pine for it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://fishingpipe.blogspot.com
Carlos
Admin

Registration date : 2007-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Another Wet Year   Tue Jun 22, 2010 9:51 pm

My garden has standing water in it today. One fence panel blew down. But I don't think I have to worry about rabbits as they would have to swim to get in there. Highways were flooded today. Creeks are out of their banks. It's a real mess here in central IL.

"Never turn your back on a Breen".
Back to top Go down
View user profile
happypipester

Registration date : 2009-09-09

PostSubject: Re: Another Wet Year   Wed Jun 23, 2010 1:30 pm

We had some flooding around my area in IA, some portions of corn fields were ruined (think pond-size portions).. on the bright side, with the humidity at 80% I was thinking about throwing my humidor away Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Justpipes
The Duke

Location : Randolph County, NC If you don't know, you wouldn't understand.
Registration date : 2007-12-17

PostSubject: Re: Another Wet Year   Wed Jun 23, 2010 8:40 pm

Maybe all that water will drown out the gooberment worker pension fund that is bankrupting your state and setting a bad presedence for the rest of the nation while in the grip of the union goons. Laughing Laughing Laughing

Quote :
SPRINGFIELD — In the time it takes you to read this sentence, Illinois taxpayers will be another $200 deeper in debt.

The state’s pension debt will exceed $44 billion this summer, increasing at a rate of about $120 per second, according to Gov. Rod Blagojevich’s administration. The debt already tops $42 billion — enough to give every one of Illinois’ 12.8 million residents a check of $3,300 or buy 937,000 Cadillacs at $45,000 a pop.

The combination of debt in terms of both money and percentage gives Illinois the infamous distinction of having the nation’s worst pension problem, according to an Associated Press review of records and interviews with experts. And there’s no solution in sight.

The staggering debt load for the five pension plans for state employees is a problem that’s remained largely in the shadows for decades. The $42 billion “unfunded liability” — the difference between the systems’ assets and what they owe employees in benefits — also is creating a real problem for state policymakers.

It’s squeezing out money for other valued needs, such as education and health care. It means the state has less money for things like child-care aid and fixing roads and schools, or paying some of the $1 billion it owes to Medicaid health care providers and others.

“Someday, those costs have to be paid,” said Eden Martin, who heads the civic committee of the Commercial Club of Chicago, an economic improvement group. “There is no free lunch anywhere.” (not according to the Obamatronians) Laughing ..............read more

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.practicegodspresence.com/
ftrplt

Registration date : 2007-12-15

PostSubject: Re: Another Wet Year   Wed Jun 23, 2010 9:45 pm

Been working in OKC since the first of May. May 10....Tornaders rip thru several areas around the city, approx. $1.6 BILLION in insurance damages!!! May 16....A front containing huge amounts of hail (quantity and size!) tears thru OKC, including my neighborhood. I'm (along with thousands of others!) getting a new roof, plus my Camaro is getting $2000 worth of repair and paint. Another $1 BILLION+ in insurance damage!!!! Then on Jun 14, we got hit with ten (10) inches of rain in about six hours!!! Only one way in/out of my neighborhood. Many homes north of us were flooded with two feet of water. No report yet on the amount of water damages!!! Ain't life grand!!!!! FTRPLT
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Another Wet Year
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1