HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Why did you choose your online name (handle)?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
babysinister

Registration date : 2009-05-09

PostSubject: Re: Why did you choose your online name (handle)?   Tue Jul 27, 2010 5:16 am

"Babysinister" is the gang name of a particularly sleazy minor character in the 90s gangster movie Things To Do In Denver When You're Dead. It just caught my eye.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Wide Awake

Registration date : 2009-08-31

PostSubject: Re: Why did you choose your online name (handle)?   Tue Jul 27, 2010 10:32 am

Its from my Thesis
The Wide Awakes were a groups of Republican/Abolitionist young men who supported Lincoln
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bronxbill

Registration date : 2007-12-20

PostSubject: Re: Why did you choose your online name (handle)?   Tue Jul 27, 2010 11:27 am

I was born and raised in the Bronx NY and my first name is Bill. Someone tagged me as Bronxbill while I was in the Marine Corps and it stuck
Back to top Go down
View user profile
beaupipe

Registration date : 2009-02-21

PostSubject: Re: Why did you choose your online name (handle)?   Tue Jul 27, 2010 12:15 pm

Once upon a time I almost opened a restaurant that was to be called Beau or Bo or Le Beau du Bois. I just added pipe to that, I suppose. In French, the name means Handsome Pipe. But it is pronounced as Bo-Peep (as in little...). Probably a commentary on confused gender identity.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Natch

Registration date : 2007-12-21

PostSubject: Re: Why did you choose your online name (handle)?   Tue Jul 27, 2010 12:40 pm

Nitschke066 wrote:
Ray Nitschke #66 of the old school Green Bay Packers. He had a tremendous passion for the game and was just as tenacious as Butkus. Have always admired him.

My dad and I had season tickets to the Packers from the late 50's through the 70's, and saw Nitschke (and Horning, and Starr) play several times, every year. I was even at the (in)famous "ice bowl" when poor Dallas froze their paningies off!

Natch
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nitschke066

Registration date : 2010-04-27

PostSubject: Re: Why did you choose your online name (handle)?   Tue Jul 27, 2010 12:46 pm

Natch wrote:
Nitschke066 wrote:
Ray Nitschke #66 of the old school Green Bay Packers. He had a tremendous passion for the game and was just as tenacious as Butkus. Have always admired him.

My dad and I had season tickets to the Packers from the late 50's through the 70's, and saw Nitschke (and Horning, and Starr) play several times, every year. I was even at the (in)famous "ice bowl" when poor Dallas froze their paningies off!

Natch
Very cool Natch! That group would have been amazing to see. I envy you!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ol'Dawg

Registration date : 2008-01-03

PostSubject: Re: Why did you choose your online name (handle)?   Tue Jul 27, 2010 12:57 pm

When I first registered on the old Knox board, I started with the name "Grabowski" because most of my pipes were Dr. Grabows. One day it occurred to me the name it may give the impression of being an ornery big pro wrestler so I changed to "Ol'Dawg" since I'm a University of Georgia graduate and their mascot is a bulldog. The teams are commonly referred to as "the Dawgs".

Jim
Back to top Go down
View user profile
*camoham

Registration date : 2010-07-24

PostSubject: Re: Why did you choose your online name (handle)?   Tue Jul 27, 2010 2:52 pm

screen name i use in a lot of forums minus the "*". first time i tried to register.................................something went wrong and was not sent a validation.

fly tying, archery, etc.

camoham
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Centurian 803
Long Arm O' The Law

Registration date : 2008-09-10

PostSubject: Re: Why did you choose your online name (handle)?   Tue Jul 27, 2010 3:23 pm

The name, of course, comes from what I do. Used the "a" instead of the correct "o" because someone already was using the correct spelling on another site I signed in for. Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RonA3597

Registration date : 2008-03-15

PostSubject: Re: Why did you choose your online name (handle)?   Tue Jul 27, 2010 6:04 pm

Ron A is me, March 5, 1997 is the date of my liver transplant. At the time, they told my family I might live 3 or 4 more days if a liver didn't become available.

Speaking of transplants, has anyone heard from Bulldog Bruce lately? I had his email address but can't find it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Frost

Registration date : 2009-12-31

PostSubject: Re: Why did you choose your online name (handle)?   Tue Jul 27, 2010 7:31 pm

Mine is my middle name, which sounds much cooler (pun) than my first or last names. My parents were fans of Robert Frost.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Falconer

Registration date : 2010-06-12

PostSubject: why did you choose your online name   Tue Jul 27, 2010 9:14 pm

Nitschke066 wrote:

Man, anyone old enough to remember Ray Ntiscke and Dick Butkus has some fond memories of the game. To this day I don't think I've seen more intense players. Off the field Ray was a gentile, mild, soft spoken individual. In the game however, he was a vicious monster. The NFL eventually had to change the rules from the way they played. Absolutely NO MERCY!

Sorry, I know I've gotten off the subject a bit but...

Reminds me of an old story I heard about Red Grange. No, I"m not that old! He was famous for putting his head down and plowing ahead into the offensive line. One time he broke through, making a touchdown and hit his nogg'n on the goal post. It knocked him out cold. When he came to he said. "Who was that guy?
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Why did you choose your online name (handle)?   Wed Jul 28, 2010 1:25 am

RonA3597 wrote:
Ron A is me, March 5, 1997 is the date of my liver transplant. At the time, they told my family I might live 3 or 4 more days if a liver didn't become available.

Speaking of transplants, has anyone heard from Bulldog Bruce lately? I had his email address but can't find it.

Wow Ron, thats something I did not know, Glad you pulled through all of it and it is great to know that you are my friend!!!
cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
tin man
Foiled Again

Registration date : 2007-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Why did you choose your online name (handle)?   Wed Jul 28, 2010 1:46 am

Cool thread guys . . . .

I picked tin man because it seemed appropriate for a guy collecting a bunch of tins.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Irene Adler
That Woman

Registration date : 2008-11-25

PostSubject: Re: Why did you choose your online name (handle)?   Thu Jul 29, 2010 3:31 pm

LL wrote:

btw, I don't think you are telling quite the whole story, Amy...

Twisted Evil

All Sherlockians know that Irene Adler was the only woman the misogynistic, pipe-smoking Holmes was ever outsmarted by, and so the only one he ever truly respected and desired. Hmmm... Forum of pipe-smoking men. One woman. Does anyone else detect a bit of playfulness, here?

Whatever do you mean, sir???

Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.facebook.com/amyjomusic
whitebriar

Registration date : 2010-07-14

PostSubject: Re: Why did you choose your online name (handle)?   Thu Jul 29, 2010 6:45 pm

i chose whitebriar because the best, most mellow pipe i ever owned was a Kaywoodie Whitebriar bent--it got broken while i was is SE Asia--i have really never gotten over that event--
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Justpipes
The Duke

Location : Randolph County, NC If you don't know, you wouldn't understand.
Registration date : 2007-12-17

PostSubject: Re: Why did you choose your online name (handle)?   Thu Jul 29, 2010 11:23 pm

I chose Justpipes back in the old JRBB days because pipes are the only thing that I smoke. Have never cared for cigars or cigarettes.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.practicegodspresence.com/
acaciavet

Registration date : 2010-02-04

PostSubject: Re: Why did you choose your online name (handle)?   Fri Jul 30, 2010 9:26 am

The Ship in the Avatar is the U.S. Coast Guard Cutter Acacia. I spent from 1967-1971 on her.The best Boat in the 9th district.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
J_Rock

Registration date : 2008-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Why did you choose your online name (handle)?   Fri Jul 30, 2010 7:46 pm

J - is the first letter of Jeff, my first name.

Rock - is from playing in bands as far back to high school to present. I have played in several bands ranging from rock to country and all the way to jazz.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
fmw

Registration date : 2010-07-12

PostSubject: Re: Why did you choose your online name (handle)?   Fri Jul 30, 2010 8:28 pm

I stick with my initials or real name on the web. Nothing worth writing that I wouldn't want to associate with my offline identity, as they are one and the same after all. Of course, with tobacco you might have to be a bit careful and prepare for the day the government will start data mining sites like this in order to incarcerate smokers and send them to labor camps in Siberia Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
alfredo_buscatti

Registration date : 2007-12-17

PostSubject: Re: Why did you choose your online name (handle)?   Sun Aug 01, 2010 4:27 am

Object permanence is the term for a child to know that when an object is no longer perceived by the senses, it still exists. It develops around age 2, according to Piaget.

When my daughter achieved this type of perception, I was no longer able to hide behind a door and tell her I was alfredo buscatti. She would say, "no, you're daddy."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
lowflyingpenguin

Location : The Wilds of Canada (from Iroquois for 'the village')
Registration date : 2009-04-10

PostSubject: Re: Why did you choose your online name (handle)?   Sun Aug 01, 2010 10:13 am

I dabble with Linux systems for fun, hence the "penguin".
The "Low-flying" bit is a little joke, as penguins don't fly...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
hobie1dog

Registration date : 2010-06-21

PostSubject: Re: Why did you choose your online name (handle)?   Sun Aug 08, 2010 6:32 pm

Hobie was my prized Chocolate Labrador Retriever of 14 glorious years. He was #1
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Dakki

Registration date : 2010-06-27

PostSubject: Re: Why did you choose your online name (handle)?   Sun Aug 08, 2010 9:44 pm

Alternate name for Su Daji. It was my character's name on a MUD (I'd just read Fengshen Yanyi when I started playing) and it kinda stuck.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
chevy5759

Registration date : 2010-05-07

PostSubject: Re: Why did you choose your online name (handle)?   Sun Aug 08, 2010 10:00 pm

I own a 1957 Chevy Bel Air and spend many days in the shop restoring them for customers. I love these cars. I was born in 59. Chevy 5759 seemed to fit me.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Why did you choose your online name (handle)?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next