HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

A HUGE thank you to Muddler & Piet!!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
beebiz

Registration date : 2010-09-12

PostSubject: A HUGE thank you to Muddler & Piet!!!   Mon Sep 27, 2010 5:53 pm

Today has been a bit of a stressful day for me. My wife and I woke up this morning with the belief that my wife would be having a heart cath done this afternoon. But, the doctor's office called and said that something had come up that caused the cardiologist to not be able to do it today. So, it has been postponed until October 4. There have been some other things going on. But, they pale in comparison to my concern for my wife.

But, thanks to Muddler, Piet, and the post office, some of my stress has been transformed into pure joy!! Earlier today, there came a knock at my front door. When I answered the door, I saw the mailman standing there with a relatively small package in his hands. I did not recognize the postage stamps that were on it. I thought, "dare I think that this might be from South Africa?"

The impatient postman blurted out, "Sign here, sir... please"

I quickly scrawled my signature on the card. He then handed me the package. I flipped the package over and saw that the return address label said, "Peter Binsbergen .................. South Africa... Content: Gift, Briar pipe accessory:" It was my churchwarden from my brothers from the Dark Continent!!!

I carefully opened the package. It took me a bit due to the fact that the contents were packaged and wrapped almost with the level of care that an antique heirloom would be!! Finally, I reached the bowl and stem... each packaged separately. I carefully assembled the pieces. Then, I beheld the most beautiful pipe I've seen to date!!! It was my Bjarne Apple Churchwarden!!!!!!!

This has made my day better than I have words to express! Muddler and Piet... I thank you both from the bottom of my heart!! You are both fine, kind, generous gentlemen... and, my brothers!!!

I'm so proud of the pipe that I took a picture of myself as I enjoyed a bowl of Rattray's Old Gowire that was gifted to me by Natch; and am using the picture as my new avatar!! I'm also proud of it enough that I would like to share the following pictures of my new churchwarden! Thank you for indulging me!!! Wink

Me smoking a bowl of Old Gowire in my new Churchwarden:

My Bjarne Apple Churchwarden:

Piet... Muddler... without you and this gifted Bjarne, I don't know if I would have ever been able to enjoy a good, quality pipe or not. Thanks to you, I now know that the quality of the pipe does make a big difference!! My brothers, you are saluted!!!!
cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers

Robert
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Slow Puffs
Resident Sportscaster

Registration date : 2007-12-10

PostSubject: Re: A HUGE thank you to Muddler & Piet!!!   Mon Sep 27, 2010 6:23 pm

cheers cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cody V

PostSubject: Re: A HUGE thank you to Muddler & Piet!!!   Mon Sep 27, 2010 6:33 pm

Well, ain't that a beaut!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jhuggett
BoB's Pioneer & Founding Father

Registration date : 2007-12-09

PostSubject: Re: A HUGE thank you to Muddler & Piet!!!   Mon Sep 27, 2010 6:34 pm

Gorgeous pipe!

"Freedom, Security, Convenience: Choose Two"
"For me, I will take freedom over security and I will take security over convenience." ~ Dan Geer
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.brothersofbriar.com
beebiz

PostSubject: Re: A HUGE thank you to Muddler & Piet!!!   Mon Sep 27, 2010 6:37 pm

Cody V wrote:
IMHO, she's GORGEOUS, Cody!!! And, she smokes like a dream!!! I'm in love!!!!!! cheers I love you cheers I love you cheers I love you cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cody V

PostSubject: Re: A HUGE thank you to Muddler & Piet!!!   Mon Sep 27, 2010 6:46 pm

beebiz wrote:
Cody V wrote:
IMHO, she's GORGEOUS, Cody!!! And, she smokes like a dream!!! I'm in love!!!!!! cheers I love you cheers I love you cheers I love you cheers

Hah, well that's good to hear! cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Muddler

Registration date : 2008-05-22

PostSubject: Re: A HUGE thank you to Muddler & Piet!!!   Mon Sep 27, 2010 7:10 pm

Robert, you cut a fine picture with that pipe in your mouth! Enjoy it!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bruins

Registration date : 2010-08-25

PostSubject: Re: A HUGE thank you to Muddler & Piet!!!   Mon Sep 27, 2010 7:55 pm

nice to see the real beebiz. lovely lovely pipe. (i, too, was struck by piet today in the mail box. see my pad and tad post...) thanks for the pics! we all live for pics!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DoverPipes

Registration date : 2009-05-24

PostSubject: Re: A HUGE thank you to Muddler & Piet!!!   Mon Sep 27, 2010 7:56 pm

Muddler wrote:
Robert, you cut a fine picture with that pipe in your mouth! Enjoy it!

It definitely suits you.
Tons of stuff flying out of RSA these days...........
Three cheers for Piet & Muddler cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
happypipester

Registration date : 2009-09-09

PostSubject: Re: A HUGE thank you to Muddler & Piet!!!   Mon Sep 27, 2010 8:07 pm

Very nice pipes, Bjarnes. I have a Johs (who was Bjarne's main pipe maker) that's quite similar in size and shape, just not a churchwarden. Really good smoker.

Cheers to Piet and Mudd! cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Vercer

Registration date : 2010-09-26

PostSubject: Re: A HUGE thank you to Muddler & Piet!!!   Mon Sep 27, 2010 8:26 pm

That is a beautiful looking pipe. I may have to add the 'wardens to my list of wants now.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
beebiz

PostSubject: Re: A HUGE thank you to Muddler & Piet!!!   Mon Sep 27, 2010 8:32 pm

Thank you very much for your kind words, gentlemen!

Bruins, I checked out your pipe just before I made this post. Check out my comment there! Suffice it to say that she's a beautiful lady!!! Wink

Muddler and Dover... your comments might well explain why I've gotten a dozen or so calls from Hollywood this evening... something about a movie??? scratch scratch scratch

....... I wish!!!

lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!

Robert
Back to top Go down
View user profile
beebiz

PostSubject: Re: A HUGE thank you to Muddler & Piet!!!   Mon Sep 27, 2010 8:40 pm

Sorry HP and Vercer... didn't see your posts before I made mine!

HP as I said in the OP, this Bjarne churchwarden smokes like a dream!! She's well balanced. She feels extremely natural in the hand. And, I'm a tad embarrassed to admit it... but, there is something about her tip... it feels downright sensual in my mouth!!! Embarassed Twisted Evil Embarassed

Vercer, IMHO a person cannot go wrong with a churchwarden. Sure, it is a pipe that you don't want to try to smoke while your hands are busy working on something. But, to sit down, relax, and enjoy a pipe... the CW is second to none!!! Again, that is just my humble opinion!! Wink

Robert
Back to top Go down
View user profile
petertschantz

Registration date : 2010-08-12

PostSubject: Re: A HUGE thank you to Muddler & Piet!!!   Mon Sep 27, 2010 8:40 pm

she's a beaut!

Piet & Muddler have set the bar high!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.petertschantz.com/
Justpipes
The Duke

Location : Randolph County, NC If you don't know, you wouldn't understand.
Registration date : 2007-12-17

PostSubject: Re: A HUGE thank you to Muddler & Piet!!!   Mon Sep 27, 2010 9:27 pm

Outstanding gesture from the other side of the world!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.practicegodspresence.com/

PostSubject: Re: A HUGE thank you to Muddler & Piet!!!   Mon Sep 27, 2010 9:27 pm

Damn fine move from the South African brothers, such generosity can only be amongst the brethren of the briar.
Looks like a real gem of a pipe, enjoy beebiz!.... and remember your wife is still in the thoughts and prayers of many across the globe.
Back to top Go down
Justpipes
The Duke

Location : Randolph County, NC If you don't know, you wouldn't understand.
Registration date : 2007-12-17

PostSubject: Re: A HUGE thank you to Muddler & Piet!!!   Mon Sep 27, 2010 9:30 pm

EJinVA wrote:
and remember your wife is still in the thoughts and prayers of many across the globe.

Amen!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.practicegodspresence.com/
beebiz

PostSubject: Re: A HUGE thank you to Muddler & Piet!!!   Mon Sep 27, 2010 11:03 pm

My wife and I both thank you, my brothers!! Wink

Robert
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bluedigital

Registration date : 2010-09-07

PostSubject: Re: A HUGE thank you to Muddler & Piet!!!   Tue Sep 28, 2010 1:35 am

A real beaut that pipe Rob, well done and props to Piet & Mudd cheers cheers cheers
And Rob know that your wife is in our thoughts, sending plenty of positive energy her way sunny
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.deanswanepoel.com
beebiz

PostSubject: Re: A HUGE thank you to Muddler & Piet!!!   Tue Sep 28, 2010 1:39 am

Thank you, BD! You... just like the rest of the brothers here at BoB... are in a class all your own... the very best of the very best!!!

Robert
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: A HUGE thank you to Muddler & Piet!!!   Tue Sep 28, 2010 3:08 am

I looks good on ya Rob!!!!!!
Enjoy...... a fine way to start it up with a bowl of Old Gowrie!!!
Well done brother Natch!!!!!
Natch bombed me with some in the mail today among other baccy!,

Enjoy your new pipe Rob!!!
cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
velveteagle

Registration date : 2010-07-13

PostSubject: A HUGE thank you to Muddler & Piet!!!    Tue Sep 28, 2010 2:23 pm

What a looker you have beebiz... You look great smoking it too.. Hands clapping to the good brothers.. A blessing of heath and goodness to you and yours Rob.. cheers
Chuck..
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.redbubble.com/people/velveteagle
beebiz

PostSubject: Re: A HUGE thank you to Muddler & Piet!!!   Tue Sep 28, 2010 2:29 pm

Gentlemen, I thank you very much for your kind words concerning my new pipe... and concerning me smoking her!! I'm beginning to think I might should return a few of those calls from Hollywood!!!! Laughing Laughing Laughing

Robert
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: A HUGE thank you to Muddler & Piet!!!   Tue Sep 28, 2010 2:43 pm

Rob, my 4yr old son Told his teacher that his dad knows Santa. He says you are wearing the wrong hat!
I told him that it is summer in the North Pole!
Did you get my pic????
Back to top Go down
beebiz

PostSubject: Re: A HUGE thank you to Muddler & Piet!!!   Tue Sep 28, 2010 3:15 pm

Piet Binsbergen wrote:
Rob, my 4yr old son Told his teacher that his dad knows Santa. He says you are wearing the wrong hat!
I told him that it is summer in the North Pole!
lol! Cool move, brother Piet!!

In my adult lifetime, I've had the pleasure of "being" Santa Claus on several occasions. There's nothing that has ever thrilled my heart as much as a small child sitting on my lap, eyes full of trusting wonder and love, and expressing their most heartfelt wishes! And, if one should happen to hug my neck or kiss my cheek and say, "I love you Santa" in there childlike voice, I would melt like a stick of butter in a 500 degree oven! I loved it!!!

Piet Binsbergen wrote:
Did you get my pic????
Yep... sure did!! I thank you, my brother!

My wife's laying down taking a nap right now. But, when she gets back up I will convey your request to her! Good luck to you and your shares if she decides to grant your request!! Laughing Laughing

Robert
Back to top Go down
View user profile

A HUGE thank you to Muddler & Piet!!!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next