I didn’t take a before photo Brewdude, but if you look at the shank you will see a line across the length of it.
The shank was like that in 7 places so it needed to be taken apart then using a toothpick I used Gorilla Glue style super glue to place the pieces back together.
Where the top seam is was where I didn’t glue it originally, I took the stem and placed it in the shank, wound it with rubber tape so I would not get any of the Gorilla Glue on it and laid a thin layer into the groove just forward of the rubber tape and placed the male end back into,the bowl. It took a week to fill the void and after that time passed I removed the rubber tape and found the stem fit still where I wanted it to be.
I then placed a Stem with the same o.d. as the original inside the shank after applying a coating of Vaseline which wouldn’t allow the glue to adhere to the stem. Again it took 7 days to fill the void and then I attached the brass collar and cleaned the internal portion of the shank and allowed it to dry.
Once satisfied it was dried I knew the glue was cured I then placed a really light coating of the Gorilla Glue over the outside of the shank like varnish at least allowing it to be waterproof, once dried I used Elmer’s White Glue to glue the shank back into the bowl and allowed it to dry.
After 1 month I had its first smoke, a lot of work to be sure but in the world of cobs the Monogram is a rare beast, regards.