What Are You Smoking Pages.

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28  Next
AuthorMessage
D.L.Ruth

D.L.Ruth

Registration date : 2018-10-03

What Are You Smoking Pages. - Page 27 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What Are You Smoking Pages.   What Are You Smoking Pages. - Page 27 EmptyThu May 21, 2020 7:16 pm

Squadron Leader in the drive home from work, pouring rain today

What Are You Smoking Pages. - Page 27 20200534
Back to top Go down
kxg

kxg

Registration date : 2020-05-16

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Smoking Pages.   What Are You Smoking Pages. - Page 27 EmptyThu May 21, 2020 10:29 pm

Before the thunderstorm rolled in I enjoyed a home pressed blend of 515 RC-1, OGS, & D&R Rimboche SJ in a Castello Old Antiquary 55. Then some Father Dempsey in an Avanti Rock Briar pot. Glad I didn't pack three pipes as I barely made it in before the deluge.
Back to top Go down
IHT

IHT

Registration date : 2008-03-02

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Smoking Pages.   What Are You Smoking Pages. - Page 27 EmptyThu May 21, 2020 11:54 pm

1792 in a cob... pleasant n.e. kansas evening. Unseasonably cool and not the standard wind.
Back to top Go down
Sid.Stavros

Sid.Stavros

Registration date : 2015-08-05

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Smoking Pages.   What Are You Smoking Pages. - Page 27 EmptyFri May 22, 2020 5:00 am

THEIR BETRAYAL
The majority of pipe smokers are people with morals, dignity, honesty, integrity. On the contrary, the people on the Hygienist Anti-pipe smoking Committee are people without morals and honour, people who are insidious and evil who use dishonest means. The Cafes were to open last week, this was the agreement and we followed the rules as real Men but the committee's rats managed to convince politicians that "it is good for the public good" not to open for another 2 weeks. They were sentenced us still to smoke our pipe on the benches in parks and squares and we know they were laughing at us but i will remind to these wicked people two explicitly:
"Whoever waits gets everything" and "Whoever laughs last laughs better".

What Are You Smoking Pages. - Page 27 284285718aca61d0f50ff8d2c6290c883109f1fb

I am smoking Planta No1 in a Brebbia, double espresso beside me trying to stay calm while looking what the Mother-Nature offer to us.
Back to top Go down
http://pipe-smoke.blogspot.gr/
Preben

Preben

Registration date : 2020-05-15

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Smoking Pages.   What Are You Smoking Pages. - Page 27 EmptyFri May 22, 2020 10:48 am

enjoy Sid! Nice pic.  I always smoke a pipe outside so i can see he trees which there are hundreds of them in my yard and also my garden and also vineyards.  Cardinals are aplenty as well as so many other birds and creatures.  Herds of deer, etc.

had a bowl of spark plug in a dublin preben holm with a moccha java pot of coffee.  started out foggy ad then just cloudy and dreary even.  storms due here soon.

I also get to hang with my dog too - always a pleasure!!!
Back to top Go down
Brunello

Brunello

Registration date : 2020-01-01

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Smoking Pages.   What Are You Smoking Pages. - Page 27 EmptyFri May 22, 2020 11:36 am

Sid: I enjoy the pic. Some of your passionate outcries raise my blood pressure (as they're doubtless intended to do!), so I've nicknamed you The Piping Pericles! But I look forward to the peaceful days of yore when you posted those lovely still life pics of pipe and coffee. I always looked forward to seeing them! My favorite is the one with the bent Stanwell.
Back to top Go down
Brunello

Brunello

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Smoking Pages.   What Are You Smoking Pages. - Page 27 EmptyFri May 22, 2020 4:29 pm

Nothing pic worthy today. It has been mostly quiet on this drizzly, dreary day sitting under covered porch until our German Shepherd sounded the alarm at some deer trying to nibble at the Mountain Laurels. Smoking Gaslight in an SMS meer. All I can say is Preben must be made of sterner stuff than I!! pirat
Back to top Go down
IHT

IHT

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Smoking Pages.   What Are You Smoking Pages. - Page 27 EmptyFri May 22, 2020 5:12 pm

SG Grousemoor in a Stanwell churchwarden
Back to top Go down
Preben

Preben

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Smoking Pages.   What Are You Smoking Pages. - Page 27 EmptyFri May 22, 2020 6:13 pm

Brunello wrote:
Nothing pic worthy today. It has been mostly quiet on this drizzly, dreary day sitting under covered porch until our German Shepherd sounded the alarm at some deer trying to nibble at the Mountain Laurels. Smoking Gaslight in an SMS meer. All I can say is Preben must be made of sterner stuff than I!! pirat

that is my Holy Grail in all seriousness.  Since Balkan Sobranie 759 is no longer available - Gaslight is it!  Just luscious!

maybe that is the reason for all of my typos (plus the arthritis throughout my body).

you can send your gaslight to me at.........

i usually have 5-6 lbs at all times and now am down to my last pund which i am openeing one of the 8 oz tins tomorrow or sunday.  (starting to get the shakes)

Last edited by Preben on Fri May 22, 2020 8:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Brunello

Brunello

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Smoking Pages.   What Are You Smoking Pages. - Page 27 EmptyFri May 22, 2020 7:53 pm

IHT wrote:

I've always been tempted by Grousemoor but have been scared when I read how people say it is "oddly perfumed."

Is your churchwarden a HCA or something else?
Back to top Go down
Brunello

Brunello

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Smoking Pages.   What Are You Smoking Pages. - Page 27 EmptySat May 23, 2020 4:41 pm

Had a huge Honey-Do list today so only time for one pipe: Planta Full English in an Alpha Centuri (Israel).
What Are You Smoking Pages. - Page 27 Bob-al10
Back to top Go down
Preben

Preben

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Smoking Pages.   What Are You Smoking Pages. - Page 27 EmptySat May 23, 2020 4:47 pm

nice pipe.
Back to top Go down
Brunello

Brunello

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Smoking Pages.   What Are You Smoking Pages. - Page 27 EmptySat May 23, 2020 8:09 pm

Preben wrote:
nice pipe.

Thanks. This one was from the 70s when they were made by a Danish master carver living in Israel. It is no Preben Holm, but solid upper-middle quality with a Danish aesthetic. The brand later sold to Mastercraft as a price-point product, and those are the ones that most Americans know.
Back to top Go down
kxg

kxg

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Smoking Pages.   What Are You Smoking Pages. - Page 27 EmptySat May 23, 2020 9:43 pm

PS LBF in the Nording Freehand Signature that my son gave me for Christmas two years ago.
Back to top Go down
Preben

Preben

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Smoking Pages.   What Are You Smoking Pages. - Page 27 EmptySun May 24, 2020 8:07 am

cloudy morning - storms predicted the last week and the next 12 days or so seem to be scarce and the last 7 years or so the weather people must be smoking something else, if you get my drift - they are basically 90% wrong. had a pot of coffee and a bowl of spark plug in a preben.

inside now and will make some breakfast and maybe some serious espresso or possibly some tea - not sure what yet - and then will go out and do some garden work and vineyard work. (Firewood is way behind schedule this year so have pondered doing some of that too) Have nice sunday morning!
Back to top Go down
Sid.Stavros

Sid.Stavros

Registration date : 2015-08-05

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Smoking Pages.   What Are You Smoking Pages. - Page 27 EmptySun May 24, 2020 10:59 am

FINAL COUNTDOWN

Gentlemen, no matter how hard the Enemy (the Hygienist Anti-Pipe Smoking Committee) tried to postpone the date, tomorrow, May 25, the cafes will open (outdoor space only). It won't be the same as before (fewer people-the tables at a greater distance, etc.) but it's a start. No matter what they do, they can't stop us, we will smoke our pipe in public with coffee and Kompoloi until the end, we will never give up the fight!

What Are You Smoking Pages. - Page 27 B010

What Are You Smoking Pages. - Page 27 28434186b17e2abda35febd0ab9f9d4c60e3a4d6

What Are You Smoking Pages. - Page 27 2843418572bf582cb83eaf827a2846c74ec6d8ac

Stanwell Vanilla.
Back to top Go down
http://pipe-smoke.blogspot.gr/
IHT

IHT

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Smoking Pages.   What Are You Smoking Pages. - Page 27 EmptySun May 24, 2020 11:45 am

Brunello wrote:
IHT wrote:

I've always been tempted by Grousemoor but have been scared when I read how people say it is "oddly perfumed."

Is your churchwarden a HCA or something else?

It is perfumed, not typical lakeland essence. To be honest, the first 3rd of the pipe was like air.
The pipe in question was mine, it is an HCA Stanwell. Gave it to a co-worker who i went to visit after i got off work. It is also his Grousemoore.

He doesn't like the blend, and the pipe had dust on it, bowl still looked new, no ghosting, so it took a ton of relights to get that stuff going (whichbis odd for me and sg/gh blends).
Back to top Go down
IHT

IHT

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Smoking Pages.   What Are You Smoking Pages. - Page 27 EmptySun May 24, 2020 11:47 am

Was over at that friends house, he has an OLD tobacco plug cutter he refurbished, and i took my 1 and only tin of Petersons 3 Ps so i could prep it.

Today, at some point, i will smoke it.
What Are You Smoking Pages. - Page 27 20200532
Back to top Go down
ftrplt

ftrplt

Registration date : 2007-12-15

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Smoking Pages.   What Are You Smoking Pages. - Page 27 EmptySun May 24, 2020 3:35 pm

Treated myself to a bowl of the original Larus Bros. Edgeworth Sliced burley in a Charles Towne cob. A little bit of heaven!! cheers FTRPLT
Back to top Go down
kxg

kxg

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Smoking Pages.   What Are You Smoking Pages. - Page 27 EmptySun May 24, 2020 4:20 pm

Smoking some 2011 Robert McConnell Folded Flake in a Radice Rind Billiard, the PSD 2019 POY. I seem to have a thing for these POY’s/LE’s.
What Are You Smoking Pages. - Page 27 LFOeoBj
Back to top Go down
Preben

Preben

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Smoking Pages.   What Are You Smoking Pages. - Page 27 EmptySun May 24, 2020 5:24 pm

after a day outside picking at stuff and then inside and making some food with a nice NZ sauvignon blanc (I am a pinot guy and rarely drink whites - but this one was nice) i had a bowl of gaslight in a burak oompaul. storms almost here.
Back to top Go down
D.L.Ruth

D.L.Ruth

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Smoking Pages.   What Are You Smoking Pages. - Page 27 EmptyTue May 26, 2020 5:55 am

A bowl of Squadron Leader in a Peterson System 303.
What Are You Smoking Pages. - Page 27 20200535
Back to top Go down
D.L.Ruth

D.L.Ruth

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Smoking Pages.   What Are You Smoking Pages. - Page 27 EmptyWed May 27, 2020 6:02 am

My last bowl of Squadron Leader this morning.

What Are You Smoking Pages. - Page 27 20200536
Back to top Go down
D.L.Ruth

D.L.Ruth

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Smoking Pages.   What Are You Smoking Pages. - Page 27 EmptyThu May 28, 2020 5:52 am

Bennington Blend #15

What Are You Smoking Pages. - Page 27 20200537
Back to top Go down
Brunello

Brunello

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Smoking Pages.   What Are You Smoking Pages. - Page 27 EmptyThu May 28, 2020 3:43 pm

Sun finally broke through the gloom. Mac Baren Vintage Syrian in a Peterson Deerstalker Meerschaum. Already getting hot and humid, will have to retire my English/Balkans and transition to Virginias for the summer.
What Are You Smoking Pages. - Page 27 Bob-ma10
Back to top Go down

What Are You Smoking Pages.
Page 27 of 28Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brothers of Briar :: Pipes & Tobacco :: What Are You Smoking Right Now?-
Jump to: