HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Hard legislation STAKE

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Ozark Wizard

Ozark Wizard

Registration date : 2014-10-11

Hard legislation STAKE Empty
PostSubject: Hard legislation STAKE   Hard legislation STAKE EmptyMon Jan 27, 2020 9:46 pm

https://leginfo.legislature.ca.gov/faces/billTextClient.xhtml?bill_id=201920200SB39

Back to top Go down
D.L.Ruth

D.L.Ruth

Registration date : 2018-10-03

PostSubject: Re: Hard legislation STAKE   Hard legislation STAKE EmptyMon Jan 27, 2020 10:10 pm

Seems to be s lot to that law there. This whole need to be 21 to buy tobacco seems a bit crazy. I now have Soldiers who can't buy their own cigarettes, sooo how old does one need to be to be considered an adult?
Back to top Go down
Ozark Wizard

Ozark Wizard

Registration date : 2014-10-11

PostSubject: Re: Hard legislation STAKE   Hard legislation STAKE EmptyMon Jan 27, 2020 11:12 pm

D.L.Ruth wrote:
Seems to be s lot to that law there. This whole need to be 21 to buy tobacco seems a bit crazy. I now have Soldiers who can't buy their own cigarettes, sooo how old does one need to be to be considered an adult?

Old enough to serve their country, old enough to make those other choices too, in my mind. It's a different time we live in.
Back to top Go down
Brewdude
Brewdude

Registration date : 2011-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Hard legislation STAKE   Hard legislation STAKE EmptyTue Jan 28, 2020 7:06 am

All of AZ is now 21 as of this year.

Cheers?

RR

Hard legislation STAKE Purple11x 3Hard legislation STAKE Bombx10Hard legislation STAKE Bombx10  Hard legislation STAKE D6bddf10 Hard legislation STAKE 44902965465_19121c84ed_s_d Hard legislation STAKE Cowboy13Hard legislation STAKE 4G80VIc

Site moderator and BoB Bomber's co-commander.
Back to top Go down
http://www.randereed.com
D.L.Ruth

D.L.Ruth

Registration date : 2018-10-03

PostSubject: Re: Hard legislation STAKE   Hard legislation STAKE EmptyTue Jan 28, 2020 8:56 am

Brewdude wrote:
All of AZ is now 21 as of this year.

Cheers?

RR

It's a federal law as of Jan 1.
Back to top Go down
ftrplt

ftrplt

Registration date : 2007-12-15

PostSubject: Re: Hard legislation STAKE   Hard legislation STAKE EmptyTue Jan 28, 2020 2:34 pm

I guess Ol' Sarge, the drill instructor, can't say "smoke'em if you got'em" anymore without an ID check!!! FWIW,, several of my military organizations have asked for the military to be exempt from this nonsense. However, the "PTB" crowd is quite sure they know what is best for all of us!! Razz FTRPLT
Back to top Go down
Stick

Stick

Registration date : 2014-02-19

PostSubject: Re: Hard legislation STAKE   Hard legislation STAKE EmptyTue Jan 28, 2020 3:59 pm

Ozark Wizard wrote:
D.L.Ruth wrote:

Old enough to serve their country, old enough to make those other choices too, in my mind. It's a different time we live in.

Bang on, Oz.
Back to top Go down
Walkman

Walkman

Registration date : 2017-09-23

PostSubject: Re: Hard legislation STAKE   Hard legislation STAKE EmptyThu Feb 13, 2020 3:02 pm

Ozark Wizard wrote:
D.L.Ruth wrote:

Exactly right. This law is is just another attack on individual rights by the nanny state.
Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
MisterE
MisterE

Registration date : 2009-08-24

PostSubject: Re: Hard legislation STAKE   Hard legislation STAKE EmptySat Feb 15, 2020 8:56 am

I think cigarettes are really a secondary issue. It's about special interest groups, ie insurance companies, not wanting to bear the cost of smoking related disease. It is cost driven. Corporate interests are what form policy, not the idea of individual freedom. Freedom serves profit. lol!
Back to top Go down

Hard legislation STAKE
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brothers of Briar :: Community :: Tobacco Legislation :: State and Local Issues-
Jump to: