HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Tobacco jars organized!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Brunello

Brunello

Registration date : 2020-01-01

Tobacco jars organized! Empty
PostSubject: Tobacco jars organized!   Tobacco jars organized! EmptySat Apr 25, 2020 8:56 am

Finally got all my tobacco jars organized A-Z. Previously I had jars on top of jars on a bookcase and others all scattered in various boxes, but now I can go right to whatever strikes my fancy. If BriarBeagle talks up Old Gowrie I think "Hmm, I haven't tried that in a few months" and go get myself a bowl and see how it's coming along.

Tobacco jars organized! Bobjar10

Installed these shelves in a previously unused nook and the good thing about being adjustable is that they can accommodate CDs, DVDs, knickknacks, or -if things become really dire - canned goods!

Tobacco jars organized! Bobble10

There's a separate cabinet with jars and tins for long-term aging, while all my most-used blending tobaccos I keep at hand on this small shelf by type (Burleys, Cavendish, Dark Fired, etc.)
Back to top Go down
D.L.Ruth

D.L.Ruth

Registration date : 2018-10-03

PostSubject: Re: Tobacco jars organized!   Tobacco jars organized! EmptySat Apr 25, 2020 9:02 am

Wow that looks nice and organized. I have mine on a generic target book shelf, not in any type of order and not nearly as neat as yours
Back to top Go down
Brunello

Brunello

PostSubject: Re: Tobacco jars organized!   Tobacco jars organized! EmptySat Apr 25, 2020 9:08 am

D.L.Ruth wrote:
Wow that looks nice and organized. I have mine on a generic target book shelf, not in any type of order and not nearly as neat as yours

There'll come a day when you reach a certain critical mass that you'll have to roll up your sleeves and do some Spring Cleaning. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Brewdude
Brewdude

Registration date : 2011-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Tobacco jars organized!   Tobacco jars organized! EmptySat Apr 25, 2020 10:03 am

Nice and neat. You're far more organized than me Bruno.

Cheers,

RR

Tobacco jars organized! Purple11x 3Tobacco jars organized! Bombx10Tobacco jars organized! Bombx10  Tobacco jars organized! D6bddf10 Tobacco jars organized! 44902965465_19121c84ed_s_d Tobacco jars organized! Cowboy13Tobacco jars organized! 4G80VIc

Site moderator and BoB Bomber's co-commander.
Back to top Go down
http://www.randereed.com
eggman
Cornholio
eggman

Registration date : 2007-12-22

PostSubject: Re: Tobacco jars organized!   Tobacco jars organized! EmptySat Apr 25, 2020 10:59 am

Damn, I feel bad now. Mines in a couple of Rubbermaid totes under a table pushed back in the corner. Every once in awhile, I'll use them as a foot prop when operating my ham radios.
Back to top Go down
Blackhorse
Blackhorse

Registration date : 2010-10-23

PostSubject: Re: Tobacco jars organized!   Tobacco jars organized! EmptySat Apr 25, 2020 11:12 am

Bruno...a work of art my friend.

My dusty and crusty corner looks more like a view from Slug & Jiggers Apothecary on Diagon Alley in some Harry Potter universe.

Well, maybe not quite so organized. lol

Tobacco jars organized! 914b4c10

Tobacco jars organized! D6bddf10Tobacco jars organized! 29400910Tobacco jars organized! 114e6110Tobacco jars organized! Ddb39b10Tobacco jars organized! Cf77ce10Tobacco jars organized! Dd692012Tobacco jars organized! Cowboy13
Back to top Go down
BriarBeagle

BriarBeagle

Registration date : 2016-11-08

PostSubject: Re: Tobacco jars organized!   Tobacco jars organized! EmptySat Apr 25, 2020 8:42 pm

Fantastic!  Who says OCD is a bad thing?  How much would it cost to have you come and organize my cellar? Laughing

Oh Yeah...OLD GOWRIE!!! cheers cheers cheers (BTW, if you find that its not to your liking I'd be happy to dispose of it for you)

Last edited by BriarBeagle on Sat Apr 25, 2020 8:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
BriarBeagle

BriarBeagle

Registration date : 2016-11-08

PostSubject: Re: Tobacco jars organized!   Tobacco jars organized! EmptySat Apr 25, 2020 8:44 pm

Blackhorse wrote:

BH,

Is that some kind of luxury, botique flavor infused Meth lab setup?
Back to top Go down
Brunello

Brunello

PostSubject: Re: Tobacco jars organized!   Tobacco jars organized! EmptySat Apr 25, 2020 9:44 pm

BriarBeagle wrote:
Fantastic!  Who says OCD is a bad thing?  How much would it cost to have you come and organize my cellar? Laughing

Oh Yeah...OLD GOWRIE!!! cheers cheers cheers  (BTW, if you find that its not to your liking I'd be happy to dispose of it for you)

I bought two tins in Feb. 2018 so they are just babies. I'm still working down the first tin I opened and liking how it is evolving enough to keep what I have. I know you like the really vintage stuff. As good as it is for a VA-BUR-PER I have to say I'm more of a VA-TUR and VA-TUR-PER guy, a favorite being GL Pease Regent's Flake which tastes delicious right out of the tin to me.
Back to top Go down
Brunello

Brunello

PostSubject: Re: Tobacco jars organized!   Tobacco jars organized! EmptySat Apr 25, 2020 9:46 pm

BriarBeagle wrote:
Blackhorse wrote:

BH,

Is that some kind of luxury, botique flavor infused Meth lab setup?

When I first saw the pic I actually thought that could be BlackHorse's setup. When I saw the smelling salts and potions I thought "Hmmm, that could explain some things!" Wink
Back to top Go down
Blackhorse
Blackhorse

Registration date : 2010-10-23

PostSubject: Re: Tobacco jars organized!   Tobacco jars organized! EmptySat Apr 25, 2020 10:06 pm

Cool

Tobacco jars organized! D6bddf10Tobacco jars organized! 29400910Tobacco jars organized! 114e6110Tobacco jars organized! Ddb39b10Tobacco jars organized! Cf77ce10Tobacco jars organized! Dd692012Tobacco jars organized! Cowboy13
Back to top Go down
GeoffC

GeoffC

Registration date : 2011-10-23

PostSubject: Re: Tobacco jars organized!   Tobacco jars organized! EmptySun Apr 26, 2020 11:13 am

Yeah my pile looks like a horder's attic. 30kg stored on two shelves of mason jars and a 3rd shelf jam packed of tins and mylar bags oh and a giant box of mylar of my personal blends.
Back to top Go down
Brunello

Brunello

PostSubject: Re: Tobacco jars organized!   Tobacco jars organized! EmptySun Apr 26, 2020 2:29 pm

eggman wrote:
Damn, I feel bad now. Mines in a couple of Rubbermaid totes under a table pushed back in the corner.  Every once in awhile, I'll use them as a foot prop when operating my ham radios.

Not to feel bad Egg, not everybody needs a system like I have. I finally had to declare war on the chaos. But if my cellaring was mostly deep - a lot of quantity of just a few favorites - I would have continued with Tupperware just like you use. But I have so many small amounts of this and that, nearly two hundred different items, that they easily become lost and a cause of frustration to locate.

At least your system serves double duty as a foot rest! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Corncobcon

Corncobcon

Registration date : 2017-10-15

PostSubject: Re: Tobacco jars organized!   Tobacco jars organized! EmptyMon Apr 27, 2020 11:38 am

Looks good, Brunello! I like it!
Back to top Go down

Tobacco jars organized!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brothers of Briar :: Community :: The Photo Gallery-
Jump to: